Sometimes, our mind is so cluttered with other thoughts that we don’t know where to start when we choose to pray, at least, that is often my problem. So here’s a prayer model that might help you to get organized, I know it helped me!
This model can also help to prepare yourself before you actually start praying.
- Take a moment of silence
- Praise God for who He is
- Praise God for the great things in your personal life
- Confess your sin
- God, speak to me please
- Pray for the needs of others
- Pray for personal needs
- Pray for His power to intervene in your life
- Thank you God for listening to me
- In Jesus name we pray
1. Take a moment of silence. close your eyes and allow God’s presence to come. Ask Him to hear you and be with you as you talk to Him.
2. Praise God. Thank him for all He is.
3. Praise God for the great things in your personal life.
4. Confess your sin. All all the wrong doings you’ve done. don’t hold back. be aware and acknowledge what you’ve done. You need His forgiveness , say God I’m Sorry.
5. Now spend a moment of silence listening to his voice. God speak to me please.
6. Pray for the needs of others. Pray for this person, you might want to make a list and add the person that comes to mind.
7. Pray for personal needs. Talk to Him about something you’re struggling with. Something you’re about to face . Say “God I need you in this”.
8. Pray for His power to intervene in your life. God’s will, and his plan. God intervene in this situation, in this need.
9. Thank God for listening to you. For loving you. For taking care of you. Thank him for who he is.
10. Say In the Name of Jesus we pray.